Yesterday we gave you our thoughts on the top five internet marketing strategies you should consider in 2011. Today we conclude this article and present five more:
6. Link Building – From a search engine’s point of view, a credible and popular site should have many links pointing to it. The search engines regard links as ‘recommendations’ from other websites so a good link building strategy is an essential part of your internet marketing strategy. WSI IMS can assist and you can get more information here.
7. Blogging – Blogs enable you to create fresh quality content for your website (which search engines love), as well as graphics and other viral content to spread information about your business across the internet. This content will be indexed almost immediately and as such blogging provides you with one of the quickest routes to get your message to your target market. Blogs can very quickly build your online credibility by establishing you as a leader / expert in your industry.
8. Website & Landing Page Design, featuring Conversion Architecture – A good website design will keep your visitors on your site and encourage them to buy your products or services. Using conversion architecture in the design makes the customers’ buying decision an easy one, almost intuitive and the natural outcome of their visit to your website.
9. Paid Search Marketing – Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is an extremely targeted and effective tactical strategy using Google, Yahoo, Bing or even social media sites like Facebook. PPC advertising is totally measurable, can produce immediate results and is an excellent short term internet marketing ploy. The PPC spend should be reduced as your organic search initiatives take effect.
10. Email Marketing – A regular email marketing programme can help to both nurture new customer relationships and retain existing customers. Generally it is much easier to keep old customers than to get new ones. Make sure your email communications are of value to your list – send good offers and valuable information that is relevant and personalised to their needs. For more information about email marketing strategies for 2011 please read our earlier blog post here.
To achieve online success for your business you will most likely need a combination of some or all of these initiatives. To find out what your internet marketing initiative priorities are we recommend you appoint a professional digital marking company such as WSI IMS to undertake a comprehensive online competitor analysis. This will show you exactly what strategies your five main online competitors are using and from that we will be able to recommend exactly what you need to do to outperform them within a 60 day period!
WSI IMS is an Internet Marketing Company that helps clients make money by driving traffic to their websites through aggressive search engine optimisation, paid search marketing, social media marketing and blogging. WSI IMS then converts those visitors into sales through conversion-focused web design and development and copywriting. Our Clients range from small businesses to large corporate companies. Please follow this blog regularly for the latest insights into internet marketing or visit WSI IMS – WSI Internet Marketing Services for UK Business.