In these tough economic times UK Businesses want to make sure every penny spent on marketing produces results. This is one of the main reasons why more and more of the marketing spend is being diverted to internet marketing – because it is totally measurable and is a proven way to increase the return on your investment.
So what is included in internet marketing? What should you do in 2011?
Your Top 10 Internet Marketing Strategies of 2011 – (Numbers 1 – 5):
1. Organic Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – Companies whose websites are listed at the top of the search results are often regarded as being ‘best of breed’ in their industry. More importantly, more than 80 percent of internet users click on the first page listings in Google. Having an effective ongoing SEO strategy will consistently deliver a huge return on investment.
2. Keyword Research – Being found in the search results is entirely dependent on your website pages being optimised for the keywords and phrases that people are actually searching for. It is vitally important that you take the time to research which phrases relating to your products and services are being used by people looking for those products and services.
3. Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn – Social media marketing enables you to engage with your customers and prospects at a personal level. Social media marketing is the quickest way for a business to build / develop an online brand and create a ‘buzz’ about their products and services.
4. Video Marketing – This is becoming more and more important, both on-site i.e. on your own website and off-site, i.e. YouTube. Videos can undoubtedly help convert your website visitors into customers. There is also some evidence to suggest that websites which include videos rank more highly in the search engines than those without video. Certainly people are more likely to click on a video link in the search results and even if your own video link is ranked lower you can tap into the power of http://www.youtube.com/ or other video social networking sites.
5. Online Public Relations – Online PR is another excellent way to build your online credibility. For successful online PR media you need to release good quality optimised content on a regular basis. Online PR should be included as part of your content marketing strategy as it can create lots of buzz about your website, your business and your products and services and will also help boost your organic SEO ranking.
Tomorrow we will share our tips for the second five internet marketing strategies for 2011. If you would like any more information about internet marketing please leave a message below of visit WSI IMS – WSI Internet Marketing Services for UK Business.