Content marketing via your business blog is an extremely effective and powerful way to influence how people feel about your business, it’s products and services and your brand. Blogs can help you engage with your readers and, over time, you will build a strong online following. These loyal blog followers will feel as though they know and trust you and will be excellent ambassadors for your business.
There are a few things you need to bear in mind:
When Building Relationships:
- Always be positive: Do not be negative and never criticise others on your blog. Try and keep an open mind when creating your blog posts and when replying to comments that others leave on your blog. Be helpful to your readers and give tips and advice freely as this will build your reputation as an expert in your subject.
- Show interest: For successful blogging you should have a genuine interest in your readers and create your blog posts to help and appeal to their interests. Cover the topics that you know your readers are interested in. Use your web analytics to track which historic blog posts have had most readers and do more of the same.
- Give them the answers: Provide the solutions to problems that you believe will be of interest to your readers.
Get your ideas across
- Motivate your readers: Ask yourself: “why should someone do what I am suggesting?” “How can I convince them?”
- Keep it real: Don’t make it up! Use real life examples to illustrate your ideas.
- Avoid confrontation: Stay objective. Even if you disagree with a comment, be grateful for their contribution and respect the opinions of others. Try and see their point of view.
Lead by example
- Nobody’s perfect: Be willing to share and discuss any mistakes you have made in the past so your readers can learn from it. You are human and by admitting that you have made and learnt from mistakes yourself you are ‘humanising’ your business to your readers. This will motivate others facing the same or similar issues and you will gain their respect..
- Don’t be too authoritative: In your blog posts ask questions and provide suggested answers – avoid telling your readers what to do!
- Benefits not features: Focus on the benefits that your readers might receive by following your suggestions. Don’t focus on features of your products or services.
- Don’t use your blog to sell: your business blog is not the place to directly sell your products and services. You are trying to build your online reputation and gain the respect and trust of your readers. Once people know and trust what you are saying on your blog it will be a natural progression for them to follow the links to your website – which is the correct channel for them to buy from you.
There is no doubt that blogging can be beneficial for all UK businesses. If you would like to know how you can get started please leave a message below or visit WSI IMS – WSI Internet Marketing Services for Business in Surrey, Sussex, Kent & the South East of England