Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a must if you want your website to appear highly in the search engine results pages for your chosen keywords or keyword phrases. And why wouldn’t you want to see your website at the top in today’s world of ever increasing competition? To gain that all important ‘edge’ over your competition you firstly need to understand just what their online marketing strategy is and what they are doing that you are not.
No matter how good you might be at promoting your website, or even how good your hired SEO people are, you cannot guarantee that your efforts will be worthwhile unless you know just what you have to do to be better than your competition. This is where having a thorough understanding of who your online competitors are and knowing exactly what their online strategy is can make all the difference.
Of course a comprehensive online competitor analysis will require an investment but this is likely to be quickly repaid by the savings you will make by not wasting time and money ‘chasing shadows’ or doing something just because you ‘think’ it might work!
Using a professional SEO company to undertake a comprehensive online competitor analysis is definitely a wise investment if you want to succeed with your business online. The report should give you information about:
- Your competitors’ search engine marketing strategy
- Your competitors’ paid search strategy, their keyword and ad variations
- Your competitors’ estimated monthly online marketing spend
- Your competitors’ organic keywords (the ones featuring in the top two pages of the search results)
- Your competitors’ website performance in terms of accessibility, content quality, search engine positions, website integrity etc.
- Number of links to your competitors’ website
- Comparison of how your website and your competitors’ websites ‘stack-up’ against each other
By having a detailed, accurate online competitor analysis you will know just what you need to do and what the cost will be. The document will be your online strategy document and give you a clear direction for your search engine marketing.
Do you agree? Please leave a comment below or visit WSI IMS – WSI Internet Marketing Services for UK Business.