There have been a few major changes recently with a.
1) Your Business Facebook Pages
Your Fan pages / Business pages can now be used to interact ‘socially’ with your friends and fans. In a nutshell this means that you can “Use Facebook as Your Page”: The video below, courtesy of Social Fresh, explains the changes:
1) For your Personal Facebook Profile:
Have you noticed lately that you seem to be only seeing updates in your newsfeed from the same people?
Have you also noticed that when you post things like status messages, photos and links, the same circle of people are commenting and everyone else seems to be ignoring you?
The problem is that a large chunk of your friend/fan list can’t see anything you post and this is the reason why:
The newsfeed setting in the “New Facebook” by default, is automatically set to show ONLY posts from people who you’ve recently interacted with or interacted the most with. (This could be limited to as short a period as just a couple of weeks before people started switching to the new profile).
What this means, for both business and personal pages, is that unless your friends/fans commented on one of your posts within that short time span – or you commented on their posts – you are now invisible to them and they are invisible to you!!
This is the solution: : Scroll down to the bottom of the newsfeed on the homepage and click on “Edit Options”, click on “Show Posts From” and change the setting to “All Of Your Friends and Pages”
Note: This is the fix for personal pages only… watch this space for a business page solution!
The 7 Key changes to be aware of:
1. Photos featured
2. Tabs moved under profile photo
3. User comments are more heavily weighted
4. Likes of other pages and admins can be featured in sidebar
5. You can get email notifications of posts and comments
6. You can comment on the page as your personal profile
7. You can use Facebook as the page, commenting and liking on pages you like, viewing a news feed of pages you like and getting notifications as a page
If you would like more information about our Social Media services, including our new half-day WSI IMS Social Media Workshops please leave a message below or visit WSI IMS – WSI Internet Marketing Services for UK Businesses.